Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Things I've Learned: Donkeys

Ok, in truth, I know little to nothing about donkeys from research. I knew to get two, but all the other information conflicted with each other. So, I'll share what I've personally learned with my own two donkeys (I could just have two unique donkeys). 

My two girls, Patches and Fancy, absolutely love each other! They play together every day, are inseparable, and even cuddle each other at night. Out of all my farm animals, they are the most well behaved. Patches will follow on my right side, Fancy on my left, and they stop and go when I stop and go. They roll around in the dirt like Reggie does when they're really happy (yes, sometimes when they're itching from flies, but that's rare). They do hate getting their hooves trimmed, but that's my farriers thing to deal with. 

They get plenty of exercise, they love all the other animals, and they do love food. Throat scratches are their favorite rubbing spot, but they'll take anywhere. They will wear a halter if they must, however since they follow me everywhere I go, I don't worry about it much. Oh, and they're the most polite poopers. They pick one area as a toilet and use it consistently. Not like all my animals that go whenever and wherever they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment