Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Competition

This afternoon, I got to spend some great quality time with my cows. After I had brushed everyone as much as I could, I decided to take pics and videos of them. I learned Coorie is now rivaling Flora in the diva department!

With brushing, picture taking, following me and wanting love from me, it's difficult to tell them apart personality wise. This is wonderful news! I'll keep working with all of them and hopefully everyone feels like Flora. 

I also learned Fur Real Farms has local competition in the boutique farm department. Someone in Lampasas is doing miniature highlands and miniature donkeys as well. It's quite ok for several reasons. One, we've got medium to full size Highlands, so no risk of the dwarf gene which causes health problems down the line. Two, we've got a bigger herd. Three, our animals are socialized almost as much as Rob and I are which means they love it here and love any company that comes by. Ok, they don't love the vet, but even humans have problems with doctors!

Coorie left is plotting to take away the limelight from Flora. They can share!

No comments:

Post a Comment