Thursday, November 2, 2023

Tale of Two Sides (of the mouth)

Double feature to finish off this week. First, we traveled this morning to my oral surgeon for part 2 of 3 of my dental implant. Part 1 was three months ago with an extraction and bone graft. Today, well they implanted a metal screw into my jaw with a drill. Seriously!

On this model, it shows four different metal implants. The one by my pinky finger is exactly the one and location I got today

I don't do the sedation, so I got numbed to oblivion. It took right hours for the numbing to fade away. But here's the x-ray of my new gear

Yes, that's my mouth and you can see how much work I've already had done

But that was this morning. This evening though, I got to treat my mouth to delicious, mouth watering Akaushi steak. My favorite meat ever is my mom's prime rib, but this is second I believe. The charcuterie starter and hatch green Chile mac and cheese were good, too. In a tiny little town of Blanket, Texas, who knew?

Since this was the restaurant's very first day being open, and that we drove so far, the owner treated us to cheesecake for dessert. A perfect ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment