Sunday, November 26, 2023

It's in the Genes

Before this farm can be decorated for Christmas, I'm making sure the house (minus the two guest bedrooms) are completely unpacked and cleaned. I've washed the dogs, my bedroom is completely done, and now I'm working on the main room. The main room in my house is an "open concept" where living, dining, kitchen and piano room are all together. This is also where four dogs and two cats primarily bring dirt and shed everywhere. 

Now most people would do the appearance of clean. Sure they may dust, clean windows and take care of the floors, but then they call it clean. I'm moving furniture, cleaning baseboards, even getting the tops of light switches and the switches themselves clean. 

Why? Things should be clean, obviously. Two, when I decorate, I want the Christmas lights to sparkle and not highlight dirt. Three, once we decorate, I have no doubt I'm going to constantly be chasing animals to get garland, lights, ornaments and whatever else back from them. Four, cedar season is coming and with my allergies, I need to clear out all the other allergens or I'll suffocate. True story, I'm deathly allergic to cedar pollen. 

The deep clean aspect comes from my mom. She's given me that critical eye to see all stray dust bunnies which is a blessing and a curse. Her home is always immaculate, mine usually doesn't come close, but I try!

No comments:

Post a Comment