Thursday, November 30, 2023

Kicked By A Cow

There's that saying that if you mess with a bull, prepare for the horns. All of our cattle has horns that they fortunately don't use against us. But when someone is displeased with another, our cows will kick you. 

I was the first to be kicked by Fiona, just a week or two after we got her. I had gotten in-between her and her food and I got a little swift kick. It really was swift! I didn't even bruise from it and I bruise from everything, so I know it was just a little warning. 

About a month or two ago, Rob also got kicked by Fiona. He accidentally spooked her from coming up behind her. It was in no way Fiona's fault, I would have kicked if I was spooked, too. 

Tonight though, it was Teddy's turn. Either Ciarán or Callie kicked him and startled him. They were both standing together, they're both black and they're both quick, so I couldn't say which cow it was. I do know Teddy had it coming. He's been chasing Callie tirelessly for weeks and she's finally had enough. He's not hurt, but hopefully this taught him to stop running her when she's had enough!

Ciarán will take bull, but not bullheaded dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment